Sunday, June 10, 2012

Stump Boys


My latest creation is a series I am selling on my Etsy account http://www.etsy.com/shop/carvingsbysean
This is a super fun series, And I may continue it after the numbered series is done. There are so many ideas you can do with such a project. It allows the creative juices to flow. Wood carving is about the adventure not so much the destination, as a good friend told me :) And every carving I do takes me on to another adventure allowing me to express my thoughts and ideas through the wood I use.

Wood carving is only limited to the imagination of the carver. Each piece of wood is a blank slate waiting to be carved out, and I think that is why I love carving wood. No two pieces are ever exactly the same.
This piece was carved out of basswood and stands approx 3 3/4 inches tall and 1 1/2 inches wide.
Sealed with Watco danish oil, then painted with acrylic washes and finished with deft and Howard feedNwax.